8.30.2010

Da-dum-dum-dum!

A couple of my close friends are gettin' hitched this year, so I wanted to make them each something special for their big days. Carly was married a week ago (congrats!!!), and I went to Erica's bridal shower yesterday.

I made each of them a clutch from this tutorial. This has been one of my favorite projects this summer - I made one for Emily a couple of months ago, and my mom and I each made one when we spent a week together in Vermont. But I added a little twist for Carly and Erica - I used ribbon as the middle band, and embellished with a vintage button from my grandma's button box.


{ Awkward but adorable photo of Erica yesterday, wearing the little flower pin I tied on top of her gift. }


Erica is very crafty herself - she authors a blog called Ars Longa Vita Brevis. So yesterday she gifted the hostess of the bridal shower with this beautiful handmade quilt. Having made a similar one a few months ago, I can appreciate all of the hard work that went into this, and how tedious it is to cut and sew each small strip. It came out SO beautiful, Erica! Way to go!

I just can't wait for your special day on 10.10.10!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails