11.16.2010

Custom Providence Collage

My friend Aaron recently moved to New York City, and since he's missing his old home a bit, he commissioned me to create a piece to remind him of Providence.


I created this paper collage of Providence's iconic Industrial Building. While I mostly work with fabric, I secretly love paper collage as well. I particularly love using paper with text - like these old flyers for a local arts venue.

I've never tried this type of collage before, but I think it came out well, and I was a little sad to see it leave my house, so I'm certainly going to make more.

What other iconic building (in Providence or elsewhere) would you like to see me create?



3 comments:

  1. I LOVE this!! Do one of waterfire!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome! Selfishly, I want to see more so I might suggest the Turks Head building, the capitol building, the Roger Williams statue, or the First Baptist Church. And I would totally buy one of the Children's Museum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo, these are great ideas. I'll let you know what I come up with!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails