11.26.2010

Holiday Gift Guide: Travel Journals by Kristin Crane

The holiday season is on its way, and I'm creating a list of my own picks for great holiday gifts for giving - each Friday I feature a creation by a local Rhode Island artist that is bound to suit someone on your list! We might be the tiniest state, but we've got a whole lot of talent!

This week: Kristin Crane, a Providence designer and book binder. Kristin creates beautiful handmade travel journals featuring maps from all around the world. They're the perfect gift for a traveler, a couple headed on a honeymoon or a big trip, or a student studying abroad.



"I'm a textile designer living in Providence, Rhode Island and am a self proclaimed book addict. I love to shop for them, read them, make them, write in them. (I tell myself there are worse addictions to have.) I also love to travel and get as excited about what journal to bring on a trip as I do planning every other part. I love when books I've made get to travel around the world, even if I can't go with them." - Kristin



I ordered a custom journal from Kristin earlier this year - for my brother and his wife who got married in Jamaica. It was the perfect wedding gift for them, since they travel there every year.

Visit Kristin's Etsy Shop to check out her available travel journals or to contact Kristin about creating a custom journal of your chosen destination. Her work is also available at Craftland in downtown Providence!

Photobucket

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails