5.09.2011

Quilts Around the Town


One of my goals for 2011 is to be in a quilt show.  This weekend, I participated in the Quilts Around the Town exhibition, a "celebration of quilts, quilting and quilters in the historic town of Chester, Vermont" aka my hometown!


When I arrived, there was a charter bus of white-haired ladies parked at the quiet Main Green in the center of town.  I can't believe that my interests have led me to be a part of this kind of gang!


The quilts were displayed in the town Historical Society, the local bank, the town inn, and all of the little store fronts along Main Street.

Here's a look at some of my favorites:




And there's my quilt, called Everything But the Kitchen Sink!


I stopped into the Rose Arbor Tea Room - tea for quilters was 15% off.  This pot of earl grey really hit the spot.

This is my life now, friends.  I'm a quilter!

Did you do anything crafty this weekend?

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails