6.09.2011

In a Bind

Me + Callie Cat, my sweet binding buddy
This last step in the quiltmaking process - binding the quilt - is my favorite part. After excitedly piecing, laying out, and quilting the quilt, putting on the binding is a slow and relaxing process. I prefer to bind by hand, and this gives me the chance to sit with the quilt on my lap, carefully moving along stitch by stitch. It feels so personal, and it makes me feel really connected to my creation.


While I'm finishing the binding, I'm thinking about who the quilt is for, and how they'll use it.

For a binding tutorial (and other quilt process tutorials), check out Oh Frannson's step by step.

Stayed tuned for some photos of this finished quilt soon!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails