8.27.2012

Wedding Quilt

This past weekend, two of my dearest friends in the world were married.  It was a beautiful, personal, meaningful ceremony in the groom's backyard - a place where I can remember playing pretend about weddings with him and his sister when we were kids.  


I wanted to express my excitement and joy for the beginning of their new journey in my favorite way - making a quilt, of course!

{ quilt front }

I used solids and Denyse Schmidt fabrics to put together a design that I felt really captures who they are.  I just love how it came out.

{ quilt back }

As soon as they got engaged back in February, I set to work on this project.  It's been torture to keep it secret all of this time!

Congrats, Elliott & Steffi!  

Photobucket

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails