4.16.2010

Field Trip to Vermont


This week, a group of the museum staff went on a field trip to the Montshire Museum in Norwich, Vermont. Although I've lived in Rhode Island for 7 years, Vermont will always be my home. It took me until this spring to finally hand over my VT license to officially (and quite reluctantly) become a resident of the Ocean State. I've only realized since I moved to Rhode Island how my home state is so much a part of who I am.

Just as I think of Vermont as home, I'll always think of the Montshire as "my museum." I remember going on a field trip there in first grade. I was so excited the night before that I woke up in the middle of the night and got dressed for the day, thinking that if I got dressed it would come sooner. When I woke up in the morning, I had my pj's back on. (Thanks, Mom.)

{ me, explorin' }
Many of my favorite parts of the Museum were still there (bubbles, leaf cutter ants, live bees) and were just as engaging as they were when I was six. And this time I made a point to finally get outside to check out their trails and outdoor exhibits.


{ birch }

It felt so good. Quiet trails, VT smells, and inspiration from the natural world.


{ summer }

Trees are turning out to be kind of a thing for me. Here's a sneak peek at a series I have in the works. This one is called "Summer."

More to come...

Carole Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails