11.22.2010

Saying Thanks

I'm feeling especially grateful this year, this month, this week. I've been doing a lot of reflecting on all that's happened in my life this year, and I feel so lucky.

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. It's about just that - saying thank you - and not about buying people things and going to stores. It's for feeling warm and fuzzy and looking around and taking stock of all that you've got. I love honoring the spirit of this holiday, and I've been making an effort to say thank you to a bunch of important folks in my life this past week.


One way I said thanks was by hosting a dinner party for all of the wonderful women who have been featured as My Creative Friends here on the blog. Ian and I invited them and their partners to our apartment for an elaborate fall meal. I wanted it to feel super special, so I sent out these paper invitations in the mail.


Unfortunately, everyone was super busy so only Rachel & Alyssa and their partners could make it - but Ian and I could only round up so many chairs in our small apartment, so it was kind of nice that it was small and intimate!


I decorated with everything I have that's red, gold, orange and brown. And we cooked, and cooked, and cooked all of our favorite fall eats. Here's what we served:

Course 1: Vermont cheese & crackers, squash tarts with tomato jam
Course 2: Turkey squash soup with crusty bread
Course 3: Butternut squash lasagna, Maple roasted chicken and sweet potatoes, Green beans
Course 4: Pumpkin Pie, Baked apples with roasted pecan crumble


Here's the gang after we ate - we're all so stuffed!



And my creative friends Rachel and Alyssa. There in spirit: Joanna, Moira, Marisa, Claire, and Alice - we missed you, ladies! Thanks for always being supportive, encouraging, and for being your creative, inspiring selves!

1 comment:

  1. Aww! Sweet pictures! I'm sorry we missed it! Got your postcard yesterday & it's such a great idea! (Okay, seriously, does every sentence need an exclamation point? Well... yes! haha.) You are so awesome & I'm thankful we are friends! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails