1.30.2013

Madrona Road Challenge Quilt

A couple of months ago, the Modern Quilt Guild issued a challenge to its members: create a quilt using only the Madrona Road fabric line from Michael Miller, along with solid fabrics.  Here's my answer to the call:

I was inspired by one of the prints in the line to create a large herringbone design.  This is part of my attempt to make my quilt fronts more like my quilt backs...since my quilt backs are usually everyone's favorite!  I love the cleanness of how this design came out.

Here's the back - an improvised design using the leftover fabrics.  You might recognize the prints, since I used them in the tiny house quilt that I made a few weeks back for my brother and sister-in-law's housewarming gift.  I love how these colors go together!

This quilt gave me the opportunity to try out some of the new free-motion quilting designs from the books I got at Christmas.  I used pebbles in the sashing, and allover boxes for the rest of the quilt.  It was fun!

Thanks to my girlio Monica for helping out with this photo shoot!

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I love your challenge piece. I like it better than mine! The negative space makes it so modern and clean.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love the front AND the back. Very clean and crisp!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails