6.23.2013

Alyssa's Quilt

The second bridesmaid quilt that I made was for Alyssa.

She is a fantastically talented illustrator, and was so generous to create THE CUTEST illustration of us for our wedding invitation:

It perfectly summed up the joyful and whimsical vibe of our wedding.  And it looks exactly like us!  


Alyssa creates custom illustrations for baby and wedding gifts, and she has an array of playful and poignant greeting cards.  Check out some of her adorable designs in her Etsy Shop.

This is the quilt that I made to thank her for the illustration and everything else she did to support us and our wedding.


I revealed this quilt earlier this year, since it was part of the Madrona Road Challenge through the Modern Quilt Guild.  But I designed it from the beginning for Alyssa - the colors are so beautiful and serene, and the layout so simple and clean.  It reminds me of Alyssa's living room.


More fun free-motion quilting here: pebbles and boxes.


The back might be my favorite.  The chevron print that I echoed on the front holds it all down.

Alyssa was so calming throughout the wedding planning process.  She always helped me stay focused on what it's all about.

Here's hoping this quilt brings her the same comfort that she generously gave to me.  Love you, Alyssa! Thank you so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails