4.28.2009

I'm back!

...I was never really gone, still working, just waiting for pictures to post. Many things to report on! First, I woke up two weekends ago and decided I needed to make a hat.

I found a tutorial on threadbanger. I learned a lot about hat construction, though I'm not so sure that I'll actually be wearing this one...it's a cycling hat, meant to be worn under a bike helmet. Too bad I haven't ridden a bike since I was 13! Still, I learned a lot, and made it out of an old pair of pants from salvation army that I had in my crazy "large fabric" box.

Then Adrienne and I went on a crafternoon field trip to the Garment District in Boston. As you can see, we waded through the masses of clothing for useful fabric, and came home with a bag full. Not bad for $1.50/lb!

Then we tried to visit the area of fabric stores right next to Chinatown. After looking for parking for about an hour, we discovered that all but two of those stores no longer exist. And the two remaining closed at 5. Now we know!

Last weekend was SO gorgeous and hot, and I saw that rhubarb has returned to the produce section at Eastside Market. Yay! I was inspired to make my favorite ridiculously easy strawberry-rhubarb pie. Delish.

Then I took on a very ambitious project on Sunday. I was inspired by Made by Rae's Spring Top Week, and her tutorial on Sew Mama Sew! With the help of my amazing new ruffler attachment (which doubles as a torture device), I made...

This adorable top! It was hard, but I did it! I'm learning about making clothes, and I think I could make another quite easily. I just might - it is so cool and perhaps a little too adorable. Thanks to Beth for being my handy assistant and motivational coach!

Until next week, happy crafting!

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails